Thursday, April 28, 2011

For Such A Time As This...Part 2

Well now, it took me a lot longer to get to this second part than I originally anticipated. And I have so much more to write on other things as well, but I'll play "catch up" today and do this post before I get started on other things. Back to the Women Without Walls Retreat:

On Saturday we had break out sessions and had to pick 2. I went to Judge Cheryl Allen's session first where she had a powerful message also based in Esther about how your circumstances do not define your destiny because God equips those that He calls. I believe I covered a bit of that in the last post, so I won't get too in depth with it now.

The second session I went to was actually the "soak room" which was a time to bask in the presence of the Lord and pray. It was here that God called me to India. And really, it was an amazing time in God's presence. I highly recommend this! Surrounded by so many other Women seeking God. His presence was so strong around us. It was awesome!

Finally, we had our last community session after worship. Pastor Patricia Cherry was speaking and wow was the Word anointed! (As it had been all weekend, but still!)

The whole weekend we focused on Esther. After all, the theme was, "For Such A Time As This...". There is so much that can be taken from that book. I love seeing how even when the name of God is not mentioned in the entire book of Esther that throughout the whole thing you can see his sovereignty! Wow!

Predestined. Called. Justified. Glorified.
 If God is for us who can be against us?!

"For Such A Time As This..." Esther was called to a position. God had called her to her position as queen.

This is where we get to - What we think we know, gets in the way of who He made us to be.

Esther could have sat back and said, "I'll never be chosen",  or "I'm just an orphan". If she had focused on what she knew, she might have missed who she could be, and did end up being.

It took time. Preparation is a process. When Esther and the other girls were first brought to the palace, they had to go through  months of preparation and beauty treatments. Esther found favor in the eyes of the eunuchs. She also had a teachable spirit and she learned all that she could from them.

When Mordecai (Esther's cousin) sent word about the plan to destroy the Jews, Esther reached a pause. A pause. Not an arrival time. A pause - a hesitation moment, a transition.

Esther 4:11-15 -
 11 “All the king’s officials and the people of the royal provinces know that for any man or woman who approaches the king in the inner court without being summoned the king has but one law: that they be put to death unless the king extends the gold scepter to them and spares their lives. But thirty days have passed since I was called to go to the king.”
 12 When Esther’s words were reported to Mordecai, 13 he sent back this answer: “Do not think that because you are in the king’s house you alone of all the Jews will escape. 14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” 15 Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: 16 “Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my attendants will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.”
It was here that Esther reached a pause time. She had to realize that she was not safe either.

Esther's next destiny step had arrived. She had to step ahead of her queen title which was obtained in beauty and favor, and she called for a fast (unity fast).

"If I perish, I perish" - With these words Esther took her next destiny step. She made her decision. She knew very well that she could lose her very life by such an act. But she took advantage of her "For Such a Time As This..." moment. And because of that, the Jews were saved.

Jesus had a pause time too in Luke 22 where he prayed in the Garden. And He took His next step when he said, "Not my will, Father, but yours be done."

It takes one person to bring about fulfillment.

God will position those he calls and He will order their steps.

In Esther 5 - this is Esther's posture time. She set her mind and obtained the King's favor.

What will you do with the anointing placed on your life? You need to move into your position.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great post.

I would love to hear more about you being called to India! That is an awesome statement and I would love to hear about the experience. How are you going to act on this calling?

Thanks again for sharing about one of my favorite people.... Esther.

WorshipDancer said...

My next post will actually be about India! :) Stay tuned for more coming later!

I'm hoping to be able to update the blog more often, but I have some papers to finish for my classes first and finals to take. :)