Monday, April 28, 2008

~Pure Freedom~

Last weekend the 18th and 19th I went to "Pure Freedom." Yeah, I know what you're thinking another purity conference. Well before you stop reading - no it wasn't what it may sound to be. Dannah Gresh, author of "And the Bride Wore White" was one of the speakers. She is amazing and has a way that she can really relate to teens. The weekend was amazing! There were a lot of times when we split back into our small groups and talked. During the small groups, we all talked about stuff that well probably normally wouldn't have come up in a normal conversation. We all talked about our lists for what we want in a guy. What we would do in certain situations, ect. We learned a lot about eachother, and all got closer together. We had awesome times in praise and worship, Stephanie Smith was one of the singers! She's really good! This was more than just a purity talk - and there is more to purity than most would even begin to think. Its not just keeping your body pure, but also your mind...and there was so much more. Purity is a process - a lifestyle. I wish I had the time to put more in here - but since I don't here's a few books I'll sugest to you all.

And the Bride Wore White - by Dannah Gresh - This is a must read for all you girls! I really would recomend it. Get into it. The book is really thought provoking, and gives you a new aspect on purity. I just recently finished this book. Actually I read through it twice, and now a third time doing some journal work with it. This really is an awesome book, filled with stories, advice, and more. Go out and get it!

I Kissed Dating Goodbye - by Joshua Harris - This is a must read for everyone, but especially the guys. I read this book over the summer last year, but still find myself going back to it here and there. I highly recomend this book.

I really hope you will check out these books. Any comments on them are welcome.

~SPREAD THE FIRE - Light up the world!~

Dancing in the shadow of His cross,

Brittany ~WorshipDancer900~ (1 Peter 3:4)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you in place of another prodigious article. Where else could anyone get that humanitarian of information in such a flawless sense of writing? I have a conferral next week, and I am on the look for such information.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]