Friday, October 9, 2009

Lavender Lake and Storm's Eye





Lavender lake with matching sky, scratched with hues of pinks as the fall of nigh begins. Waves softly lap the shore and the tide begins to rise. Ever so slowly, the light fades to darkness as the sun disappears under the sea. The stars and moon shine down on the beach. A soft breeze comes through and rustles the nearby trees. Everything seems to fall asleep. Looking at the stars shining bright and high, and the dark lapping waters of the midnight sea, I feel the softness of the cool summer night breeze and breathe in deep. This is the quiet my soul now feels, and I am now at peace. Peace where the past and the present meet and peace with the future unforeseen. In this quiet still of the night, I find peace in the midst of what is not right. For coming on from the north and south are storm clouds pregnant with rain to fall in the night. The soft wind will pick up; the waves lapping at the shore will crash on the beach. The still, calm and sleeping nature will wake as the storm passes over this lake. The stars will be covered by clouds, and the wind will howl. A great tempest, a great storm, and yet, I will stand there still warm and at ease, remembering the quiet calm that was before the storm – and be at peace. The storm will pass, the rain will slow, and the wind will not forever blow. The waves will be still, the stars will shine, clouds of grew stay only for a time. The sun will rise and the earth will awaken. My soul will flourish and life renewed will keep on living, though surroundings change, and storms will come and pass again. But what cannot be taken away, is the peace given. Even in the strongest of storms, the eye is always calm. In the midst of a tempest, I will be the eye of the storm, and I will stand strong and be at peace. And in my heart and soul, I will forever be by the quiet waters. I will close my eyes and see the lavender lake and sky. I will not be blind to the storm surrounding me, but simply be the eye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.